Autumn is well on its way: cooler weather, shorter days and outside there’s an explosion of color. Depending on your region, one of the most fabulous natural displays is quickly approaching. Trees of all sizes and shapes are putting on their last show of the season before winter sets in.
Trees are one of nature’s most symbolic and majestic images. They can be seen in virtually any environment and everywhere in the world. Here at Wall Decal World, we offer a variety of tree wall decals, because we know trees are a natural part of our surroundings. Here are a few things you may or may not know about trees:
- Did you know trees can save you money? Well-placed trees can lower heating and cooling costs in buildings and help prevent the deterioration of concrete and pavement. Trees help absorb storm water runoff and prevent flooding. Rows of trees can help prevent noise pollution from noisy streets. Because of this, mature trees can raise your property value.
- A mature tree can supply enough oxygen for 2 people in one year. Branches and leaves help filter pollen and pollutants from the air. Not only that but trees improve air quality by sequestering carbon dioxide – a whopping 48 pounds a year!
- Trees are the largest and oldest living things on earth. General Sherman, a giant redwood tree in the Sequoia National Forest is over 2,000 years old and is 275 feet tall. The Tule Tree, a Montezuma Cyprus has a base of nearly 140 feet and is 135 feet high. This massive giant has its own celebration on the second Monday in October. The Pando, a quaking aspen colony, covers more than 100 acres and each tree is genetically identical to its neighbors. This colony is believed to be over 80,000 years old and contains over 40,000 individual trees. The trees share the same root system, making it the largest single organism on earth!
- Trees provide habitats for a variety of animals, insects and birds. There are many animals and insects that rely on trees for survival. But some trees have special relationships between animals and insects that live there. The fig tree relies solely on a small wasp to pollinate its fruit. While the wasp gets a safe place to lay its eggs, the adult wasp often becomes dinner for the tree.
- Did you know that dinosaur trees are still alive? The Wollemi pine was discovered in Australia. This unusual tree was thought extinct until 1996 when it was discovered. Currently there are only 100 mature trees but conservation efforts are underway to save this 200 million year old species.
Trees are an amazing and fascinating aspect of our natural world. So, why not bring a little bit of nature into your home with one of our wonderful tree wall decals?
Wall Decal World offers a wide variety of options for those who want to bring a little of the outdoors into their home through beautiful tree wall decals and many other unique designs. Each wall decal is made from high quality matte vinyl – in a variety of sizes. You can call Wall Decal World at (866) 456-5316 or e-mail us at [email protected] for answers to your custom wall decal questions!